Friday, January 29, 2010

Artsy

For those of you who don't know, I'm taking an art class this quarter. I thought it would be fun to share some of my work so far. Now, I know I have a long way to go and I will probably never be a Van Gogh, but I like it. These are phone-tos, so sorry about the bad picture quality.


"Love"
This was part of a four-piece assignment on emotions. The other emotions were "boredom," "excitement" and "hate," but this one was my favorite. Construction paper.



"Symmetry"

This was part of a three-piece study of symmetry. This piece represents bi-lateral symmetry. Construction paper.




"Necklace"

This is also in the symmetry study, representing radial symmetry. Construction paper.



"Fleurs de Lis"

This assignment was to create a grid with a focal point. I like the pink and brown, but I think if I could do it over I would replace some of the brown with mint green so it would be Spumoni ice cream colors. Construction paper.




"Landscape"

It's too bad this photo is so blurry. There is actually a lot of detail in this piece. Two-dimensional images are arranged in a 3-D space to create a scale landscape effect. (My prof wrote on the gradesheet that she thought it was "whimsical," which is exactly what I was going for!) Photograph, print images, poster board, foam core board.




"Starry Night"

Hey, how did this get in here?

No comments: