Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas

"But Mary kept all these things and pondered them in her heart."

Wonder. Spontaneous, awestruck, speechless wonder. At You. At Your name. At your creation, Your power. Your great wisdom and knowledge. Your reckless love. This is the truest form of worship. To stand wordless before Your throne, for no words will ever be enough, and let my spirit express what my mouth and mind cannot.

To hold You in my arms, to see the power, the love and wonder of the Most High beaming from the face of a tiny baby, my baby?

Mary pondered in her heart because she couldn't speak. She had no words for the miracle that she held to her heart. She held close, clung to the physical presence of her Lord and God because she was overwhelmed by His light and His love. She worshipped through her wonder.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is so beautiful. I'm glad I read it, sometimes people focus too much on worldly issues and miss out on God and his wonders.